Virginia Association of Trade & Industrial Educators
This one-week accelerated learning course introduces classroom management theories.
· Classroom management in perspective
· Understanding the student’s basic psychological needs
· Establishing positive teacher-student relationships
· Creating positive peer relationships
· Working with parents
· Developing standards for classroom behavior and methods for maximizing on-task student behavior
· Enhancing students’ motivation to learn
· Responding to behavior that disrupts the learning process
· Using problem solving to resolve behavior problems
· Developing individual behavior change plans.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Course Offerings
OSHA 510 Construction Standards: July 22-25, 2017
OSHA 511 General Industry Standards: July 22-25, 2017 and July 28-31, 2017
OSHA 5410 Maritime Standards: July 22-25, 2017
Train the Trainer Scaffolding course: July 27, 2017
OSHA 500 Construction Train the Trainer: July 28-31, 2017
OSHA 501 General Industry Train the Trainer: July 28-31, 2017
OSHA 5400 Maritime Train the Trainer: July 28, 2017
Manufacturing Skills Institute MT1 training: July 22-24, 2017
Automotive, Auto Body, and Diesel Technology Update: July 26-28 at Tidewater Community College
Gasoline Direct Injection
Diesel Engine and Fuel Systems
Toyota Technical Update
Chrysler Technical Update
Honda Technical Update
Ford Technical Update
Cybersecurity Training: July 27, 2017
· During this session, the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center (NICERC), the academic division of the Cyber Innovation Center, through a project driven approach, will guide teachers through the opportunities, threats, responsibilities and legal constraints associated with operating in cyberspace. Teachers will receive free, cyber curricula that can be integrated into the classroom.
The overall objectives of these classes are to provide participants with information related to updated technical information in each field, to include presentations by trade practitioners and vendors, “best practices presentations by class participants, and a review of current Curriculum Framework approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and a review of projected state regulations based on federal and state CTE legislation. The cost of the course, payable to "SkillsUSA Virginia Foundation", will be announced annually once the tuition rates are determined by BRCC.. For further information contact Dr. Lee Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-405-8686.